2019 Honda CBR1000RR ABS
Grand Prix Red
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Great riders are always pushing their limits. And great superbikes should do the same. That means your bike has to offer more than just a big engine—it also has to have great handling and superior power management. That’s exactly what our 2019 CBR1000RR and CBR1000RR SP deliver. New this year: an even more advanced Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) complete with our new, multi-level selectable wheelie control. Now discerning riders can connect with their bike and the track like never before.
The CBR1000RR is light, powerful and undeniably fast, making it a beast on the street and in the canyons. If the track is more your specialty, then you’ll want the CBR1000RR SP. World championships have been won on bikes that the SP would leave in its dust. We invite you to check them both out. And decide just how far you want to push your limits.
- All Models: All 2019 CBR1000RR models feature the same highly developed engine, chassis, and aerodynamic bodywork.
- CBR1000RR and CBR1000RR ABS: The 2019 CBR1000RR is light, narrow, and features Honda’s superb Superbike throttle-by-wire system. The chassis is incredibly responsive, and the bike features a full LED lighting package.
- CBR1000RR SP: Designed for the demanding trackday rider, the SP model adds Öhlins Smart electronic control suspension, a lightweight lithium-ion battery, titanium muffler and more.
- Honda Selectable Torque Control: With Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), we’ve got your back, but you’re in control. Here’s how it works: The system automatically adjusts engine power and grip to optimize torque at the rear wheel, reducing rear-wheel slip. You get your choice of five power curves, ten torque-control levels, three engine-braking levels, and now three selectable levels of wheelie control so it’s easier than ever to dial your bike in at the track.
- Throttle by Wire: The CBR1000RR's throttle-by-wire system works in concert with our Honda Selectable Torque Control. With the two, you get your choice of three engine power-delivery modes, plus two which you can custom program yourself.
- Hi-Performance Four-Cylinder Engine: Featuring high-compression 13:1 pistons, the CBR1000RR revs like only a flat-plane inline-four can. It also makes ten horsepower more than our previous generation of CBR10000RR.
- Brembo Monobloc Front Calipers: The CBR1000RR SP’s race-proven, radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers are light, but they provide exceptional stiffness and excellent braking performance.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD): Most steering dampers only sense handlebar-deflection speed. The Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) is way more sophisticated. It also detects vehicle speed, and adjusts damping proportionally. That helps maintain low-speed maneuverability while providing excellent, predictable high-speed handling.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: The CBR1000RRs feature two sets of injectors per cylinder for both low- and high-rpm performance, instantaneous high-rpm response and great low-rpm metering and clean running. Refined EFI settings make the engine even more manageable, with smoother throttle response specifically at smaller throttle openings.
- Öhlins Smart EC Suspension: The CBR1000RR SP features an Öhlins Smart electronic control suspension system. It comes with three pre-set suspension modes, plus two “blank” user-programmable modes. It’s fully adjustable, semi-active, truly premium and track-ready — a huge upgrade from what you’d normally find on a streetbike.
- Gyro-Assisted ABS: The CBR1000RR SP comes with anti-lock brakes, and they’re available on the standard CBR1000RR as an option. But these brakes go one better, including rear-wheel lift analysis (think hard stopping here), along with a program that takes lean angle into account.
- Slimmer Ergonomics: These CBR1000RRs are much slimmer than previous models in the tank/seat junction area, and also in the upper cowl (more than 24mm trimmer). This improves aerodynamics, and the narrow tank makes it easier to tuck in.
- Titanium Fuel Tank: The CBR1000RR SP features a radical, thin-wall titanium fuel tank. Filled to capacity, the tank is almost four and a half pounds lighter than our prior SPs, but still offers plenty of operational range.
- Lightweight Sub-Frame: Almost a full pound lighter than our previous generation, the CBR1000RR sub-frame further refines our mass centralization efforts. Light is always right, and these models are the lightest CBR1000RRs we’ve ever produced.
- Assisted Slipper Clutch: Superbikes can deliver a great deal of back-torque through the driveline, upsetting handling—not the CBR1000RR models. Its Honda-designed assisted slipper clutch is the same type used on our MotoGP bikes. The design does away with the need for heavy clutch springs, ensuring full power transmission with smooth shifting and a light clutch pull at the lever.
- Titanium Muffler: MotoGP bikes use titanium for their mufflers, and so does the CBR1000RR SP. It’s a significant weight savings.
- Premium Wheels: You’ll notice that the CBR1000RR SP features five-spoke wheels. They’re light and strong—more than a pound lighter than the previous six-spoke wheels.
- Efficient Radiator Design: Almost an inch narrower than on our previous-generation CBR1000RR, and featuring a high-density core. Plus the radiator tucks in tighter and cools just as efficiently.
- Full LED Lighting Package: Headlights, tail lights, turn signals—with the CBR1000RRs it’s all done with lightweight, efficient, cool LEDs.
- Thin Film Transfer Display: TFT means an instrument display that’s lighter and easier to read than previous LCD designs. It’s a first for Honda, and it’s made its premiere on the CBR1000RRs.
- Lithium Ion Battery: The CBR1000RR SP comes standard with a high-tech lithium-ion battery that is just half the weight of the previous lead-acid battery—a huge savings!
- Engine Type: 998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 76mm x 55mm
- Induction: Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 48mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Available Colors: Matte Black Metallic, Grand Prix Red
- Model ID: CBR1000RA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 76mm x 55mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 48mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Matte Black Metallic, Grand Prix Red