2020 Honda FourTrax Recon ES
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Big Utility in a Right-Sized Package.
Lean, mean, and engineered to last, the Honda FourTrax Recon is one of the hardest-working ATVs out there. It features a specially designed 250-class engine that delivers plenty of low-rpm torque and power. And it's available in two versions: one featuring our conventional foot-shift ATV transmission, or the Recon ES model offering Honda's Electric Shift Program (ESP). It's Honda quality and performance, distilled into an exceptionally versatile package.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
Push-Button Shifting: The Recon ES features Honda's Electric Shift Program, allowing you to easily up- and down-shift with your thumb using two buttons conveniently located on the handlebars.
Easy Starting, Every Time: With the press of a button, the Recon is up and running, thanks to an effortless electric start. Want a backup? No problem— it also has an auxiliary recoil starter.
Details that Make a Difference: Need to get out of a tight spot on the trail? The Recon sports a reverse lever that's designed to be simple and easy to use.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Recon's semi-dry-sump and overhead valve designs create an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity while also allowing for better ground clearance.
- Shaft Drive: Clean, efficient, proven, low-maintenance. Shaft drive is the perfect choice for a machine like this, and for riders who pile on the miles. You never have to worry about lubrication or adjustment out on the trail. And an added plus: it helps keep your ATV cleaner, too.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP): Shifting between gears should always be this easy. With Honda's available unique ESP system (ES models only), upshifting and downshifting is as simple and fast as pushing one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. ESP is also a bonus when riding in heavy or mud/snow-covered boots.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the crankshaft front to back in the chassis in our ATV and side-by-side engines, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Steel Cargo Racks: Front and rear steel cargo racks allow payloads of 33 and 66 pounds, respectively.
- Uniquely Designed Floorboards: Both the Recon and Recon ES have uniquely designed floorboards, which allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.
- LED Taillight and Brakelight: The Recon has a LED taillight and brakelight for durable, long-lasting lighting.
- Effortless Electric Starting: When it comes to starting: Turn a key, push a button, and you're off, even in cold weather. A backup recoil starting system provides added confidence.
- Reverse Mechanism and Parking Brake: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Recon's reverse lever is simple and easy to use.
- Engine Type: 229cc air-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Induction: 22mm carburetor
- Ignition: AC-CDI
- Starter: Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct rear driveshaft
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 5.1 inches of travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 4.9 inches of travel
- Front Brake: Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 22 x 7-11
- Rear Tire: 22 x 10-9
- Length: 75.0 inches
- Width: 40.7 inches
- Height: 42.1 inches
- Wheelbase: 44.5 inches
- Seat Height: 31.2 inches
- Ground Clearance: 6.0 inches
- Turning Radius: 8.5 feet
- Curb Weight: 441 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
- Note: No operator under age 16. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
- Emissions: Meets current EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Olive, Red
- Model ID: TRX250TE
- Duration: 1 year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 68.5mm x 62.2mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- 22mm carburetor
- Starting System
- Electric with auxiliary recoil
- Front Travel
- 5.1 in.
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brake Type
- Dual sealed hydraulic drum
- Front Tires
- 22 x 7-11
- Rear Travel
- 4.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 22 x 10-9
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 441 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 6.0 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 75.0 in. x 40.7 in. x 42.1 in.
- 44.5 in.
- Final Drive
- Direct rear driveshaft
- ESP Five-speed with Reverse
- Olive, Red
- 1 year Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.